Passports are required for all international travel, and are therefore required by anyone going on an international trip with Servant Life. We encourage anyone interested in an international Servant Life missions experience to go ahead and apply for a passport, since they are valid for 10 years. Even if you don't go on a trip this year, you can use your passport the next year! See the following tips below for applying for a passport:
- Download a passport application at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html
- Which application you use will be determined by a few different factors, so be sure to read the descriptions on the website above to see which application form fits you. This is also important if you are simply renewing an expiring passport.
- The application process takes approximately 6-8 weeks from the time of application. For additional fees, you may choose expedited delivery and receive the passport in 2-3 weeks.
- Passport fees vary depending on the type of passport you request and how quickly you need it.
- Any costs associated with obtaining a passport are solely the responsibility of the participant and are not included in your Servant Life trip cost.
- Expiration date of the passport should not be within 6 months of the final day of the trip. Some countries require your passport to be valid 6 months past your return home date.
- Photo dimensions must be 2 inches by 2 inches. If you are unsure of where to go to get this photo, many USPS Post Offices will be able to take them for you, as well as CVS or Walgreens stores.
- Once you get your passport, please send a color photocopy of the information page with the photo to the Servant Life offices with your paperwork for the trip, which is due March 1 for summer teams or Jan. 1 for Spring Break teams.